Re: Recover database using backup controlfile

  • From: "Sultan Syed" <ssyed@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <jkstill@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2004 10:00:52 +0400

Thanks Jared

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jared Still" <jkstill@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <ssyed@xxxxxxx>
Cc: "oracle freelists.org" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, November 09, 2004 9:21 AM
Subject: Re: Recover database using backup controlfile

that would be:
  recover database until cancel using backup controlfile;

Note that it is possible to rearrange this syntax to say something like
   recover database using backup controlfile until cancel;
... which will not work. At least not the way you expect.

The Velpuri book has still not outlived its usefulness.  :)

Jared

On Tue, 9 Nov 2004 09:01:03 +0400, Sultan Syed <ssyed@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi guys
> I have doubt in backup sceneries
>
> For example I have lost my control file,and some of the datafiles and all
Redo logs.

--
Jared Still