Re[2]: "Dual-Core" CPUs & the future of software licensing

  • From: Jonathan Gennick <jonathan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Goulet, Dick" <DGoulet@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 9 May 2005 11:36:27 -0400

Monday, May 9, 2005, 10:14:31 AM, Goulet, Dick (DGoulet@xxxxxxxx) wrote:
GD> Oracle has already weighed in on the subject.  A cpu = a core.

And they're right too.

GD> I've a
GD> feeling this will come back to bite them.

And I agree, it probably will come back to bite them.

IMHO, a CPU is a CPU, no matter how it's packaged. But,
psychologically, the market wants the packaging to make a difference.
The market will likely win.

Best regards,

Jonathan Gennick --- Brighten the corner where you are
http://Gennick.com * 906.387.1698 * mailto:jonathan@xxxxxxxxxxx

Join the Oracle-article list and receive one
article on Oracle technologies per month by
email. To join, visit http://five.pairlist.net/mailman/listinfo/oracle-article,
or send email to Oracle-article-request@xxxxxxxxxxx and
include the word "subscribe" in either the subject or body.