Re[2]: Anyone with experience with MMOG and databases?

  • From: Jonathan Gennick <jonathan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Lex de Haan <lex.de.haan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2005 16:13:43 -0400

Friday, August 12, 2005, 2:25:19 PM, Lex de Haan (lex.de.haan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx)
wrote:
LdH> SQL/PSM is *not* part of core SQL -- and I personally think the Oracle
LdH> proprietary PL/SQL language is much better and more efficient; Oracle is
never
LdH> going to implement SQL/PSM.

Was SQL/PSM even around when Oracle came up with PL/SQL? I'm not
intimately familiar with the timing, but I've always thought that
PL/SQL came first and then the standards body went in another
direction, which is the sort of thing that I'm sure happens a lot.

Best regards,

Jonathan Gennick --- Brighten the corner where you are
http://Gennick.com * 906.387.1698 * mailto:jonathan@xxxxxxxxxxx

Join the Oracle-article list and receive one
article on Oracle technologies per month by
email. To join, visit http://five.pairlist.net/mailman/listinfo/oracle-article,
or send email to Oracle-article-request@xxxxxxxxxxx and
include the word "subscribe" in either the subject or body.