RMAN performance problems

  • From: "Randy Samberg" <Randy.Samberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 10:23:02 -0700

I was wondering if anyone can give me some suggestions on an RMAN =
performance problem we are having.  Every time our RMAN backups run, we =
have performance problems with slow logins to one of our databases, =
which lasts approximately 1 to 4 minutes.  Due to the fact that the =
problem, and the recovery from the problem happens so quickly, it is =
difficult to pin down.  I would appreciate any suggestions on how to =
capture this problem in such a short time.  Has anyone experienced =
performance problems when RMAN backups run?

Thank you,
Randy