RMAN backups - physical standby

  • From: Ahbaid Gaffoor <ahbaid@xxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 01 Jul 2008 14:44:30 -0700

Anyone out there taking their RMAN backups off of a physical standby instead of the primary?

I'm wondering how to mitigate the risk of taking a backup with some corruption coming down the redo stream, getting applied, and only knowing about it when I attempt to open my standby. Of course trying to recover this from tape would mean the corruption is also backed up on tape.

The idea of shifting the backups to the standby is that I free those resources on the primary.

thoughts?

Ahbaid