RMAN backup of noarchivelog DB

  • From: Ram K <lambu999@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2010 12:45:28 -0500

Does anyone have script to perform backup of a Db in noarchivelog mode in a
10.2 RAC environment.

I tried using the regular script which shuts down the DB and then puts
the DB in mount mode to do backup. But I get problems with services in the
DB and not able to connect when the DB comes up in mount mode. I tried using
"shutdown immediate; startup mount; backup" method in rman. That did not
work. I tried stopping the DB and then starting it in mount mode using
srvctl, that did not work either.

This is a two node DB with one instance disabled, so we work out of one
instance.  The services are configured to automatically come up when the
instance comes up using StartSRVonUp.pl.

--
Thanks,
Ram.