Re: RMAN

  • From: Andrew Kerber <andrew.kerber@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Joerg.Jost@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2011 10:06:36 -0500

If you just want to know when it finished,  I think you can scan the alert
log for when the service names changed.  As I recall oracle will add a
service when the datapump job starts and remove it when complete.

niall.litchfield@xxxxxxxxx>:

>> If it really happened at 12:00 am then it was almost certainly scheduled
by a human via a scheduling tool. Most of these will have log files (the
difficult bit will be working out whether it was cron, dba_scheduler, etc
etc.) The listener.log should tell you what program was used to connect at
that time as well.

>> On Fri, Aug 26, 2011 at 10:20 AM, mek s <sidi.bouzid.meknessy@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
>> The issue happened 23 of August at 12:00 am. dba_datapump_jobs returns no
rows.

>> On Fri, Aug 26, 2011 at 11:19 AM, D'Hooge Freek <Freek.DHooge@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> If the datapump job is still running you can attach to it using expdp or
impdp (depending what is happening).

>> The dba_datapump_jobs view will give you the information needed to
connect.

>> Regards,
>>

>> Freek D'Hooge
>> Uptime
>> Oracle Database Administrator
>> email: freek.dhooge@xxxxxxxxx
>> tel +32(0)3 451 23 82
>> http://www.uptime.be
>> disclaimer: www.uptime.be/disclaimer
>> ---
On Behalf Of mek s
>> Sent: vrijdag 26 augustus 2011 11:11
>> To: Niall Litchfield
>> Cc: ORACLE-L
>> Subject: Re: RMAN
>>
>> when datapump starts I can see DM processes in alert log file, like this:
>>
>> DM00 started with pid=53, OS id=18616, .....
>>
>> How can I know at which time these processes finish? I cannot see
something like DM00 finished ....

niall.litchfield@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> are transportable tablespaces in use IIRC they use data pump.
>>
>> On Fri, Aug 26, 2011 at 9:10 AM, mek s <sidi.bouzid.meknessy@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
>> I know That RMAN must access to V$ and GV$ views to extract some
information useful for backup process BUT, is RMAN using Data Pump Workers
for that?