RMAN

  • From: mek s <sidi.bouzid.meknessy@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2011 10:10:23 +0200

Hello,

Database : 11gR2

I was recently provided an access to a new database, because users are
complaining of poor perfromance.
During my monitoring of this database, and using statspack report (because
we don't have licensed diagnostics pack), I have seen both RMAN and Datapump
processes running together during peak hours. So I asked the DBA , if she's
scheduling RMAN and datapump together?

She replied that she knows nothing about these datapump processes and that
could be RMAN who is using (“ Module: Data Pump Worker”) !
I never read that before in the Oracle documentation! Is it correct that
RMAN utility can use Data Pump Workers??!
I know That RMAN must access to V$ and GV$ views to extract some information
useful for backup process BUT, is RMAN using Data Pump Workers for that?

Thank you,