Re: RHEL 32 bit + Oracle SE One max memory?

  • From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Chris.Stephens@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2010 18:41:05 +0000

AFAIK it's only XE that has a relevant maximum. A search for "Database
Limits" in the docs should help

On 16 Dec 2010 18:12, "Stephens, Chris" <Chris.Stephens@xxxxxxx> wrote:

 For some ungodly reason, I was handed a server with 64-bit hardware (do
they even sell 32 bit hardware any more) but 32 RHEL 5 installed.

The machine has 8GB memory.

I requested the machine to be reinstalled with 64 bit  RHEL but am getting
some pushback.

I’m having trouble finding the maximum amount of memory that Oracle 32 vs 64
Standard Edition One can work with.

Is it worth insisting on 64 bit RHEL given only 8GB of ram?

Anyone know how much memory I can allocation to 32bit SE One?  Got a link?
I can find the minimums but am having trouble locating the maximums.

Thanks!

Chris

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:
This message is intended for the use of the individual or entity to which it
is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential
and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If the reader of this
message is not the intended recipient or the employee or agent responsible
for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby
communication in error, please notify us immediately by email reply.