Books for beginner - learning PL/SQL and/or APEX

  • From: Sandra Becker <sbecker6925@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2010 11:44:43 -0700

We have a need to write some internal applications quickly and no
development resources available for at least 6 months and I have been tasked
with doing the initial apps (I'm the lead DBA).  I have read and heard that
APEX could be the right tool for us and we already have it licensed with our
database.  (10gR2).  Can anyone recommend books for learning PL/SQL and/or
APEX?  I can write a pretty decent SQL statement but have never really done
anything with PL/SQL.  My junior DBA struggles at times with basic SQL
statements so I'm really in need of good books for beginners.  Is the Oracle
documentation sufficient in your opinion?

Thank for your suggestions.

--
Sandy
Transzap, Inc.