RE : 11g R2 Feedback?

  • From: Bertrand Guillaumin <bertrand.guillaumin@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "kjped1313@xxxxxxxxx" <kjped1313@xxxxxxxxx>, oracle Freelists <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2009 10:45:12 +0200

Hi,
Be careful that not everything around your database is yet certified on 11gR2.
I, for example, had some surprises with the latest Netbackup Rman Agent on a
11GR2 database(well to make it short, it seems it doesn't work).

Best Regards,
Bertrand Guillaumin
De : oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] de la part
de Kellyn Pedersen [kjped1313@xxxxxxxxx]
Date d'envoi : jeudi 22 octobre 2009 00:42
À : oracle Freelists
Objet : 11g R2 Feedback?

My manager is asking about positive and negative feedback on 11g now that R2
has been announced.  I have not heard anything specific outside of a few patch
issues.
Anyone have feedback for me on 11g?  I've just about had it with all the bug
patching and work arounds for our huge compressed/partitioned/parallel
everything 10g environments... :)
Thanks!
Kellyn Pedersen
Multi-Platform DBA
I-Behavior Inc.
http://www.linkedin.com/in/kellynpedersen

"Go away before I replace you with a very small and efficient shell script..."