RAC question.

  • From: mek s <sidi.bouzid.meknessy@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ORACLE-L <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2011 10:25:41 +0200

Hi experts,
I have a RAC 4 nodes installed (under Redhat Linux). The crs
homes and db homes are patched with the latest PSU + Mutex patch; csr home
patched + db home patched. Also, every node has it is own crs home and db

Now I need to add a new node to the cluster; On the new node there is only
OS level running , nothing installed.
In the documentation below; there are general steps of how to do it.:

My question is;

1- Should I patch the new added node after running addnode.sh OR this
command will take care of everything? Everything means; it will patch my db
home and crs home of the new node.

2- During adding the new node, the whole cluster and database must be down ?

Thank you,