RAC behavior - with Oracle JDBC Thin Driver - is this expected behavior?

  • From: "Pradeep Chetal" <Pradeep.Chetal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Oracle L" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2009 19:42:37 -0500

We have a Java based app that runs with Weblogic and oracle 10gr2 as the

We use the following for the RAC string for JDBC connection

We use this with a 2-node  RAC and all the API calls to our application
are sort of evenly distributed between the 2 nodes.

Now if for some reason, node 1goes down, we see that NOT all the new API
calls go to node-2 RAC. Some of them are lost until we re-start the

I thought the RAC_STRING will be dynamic and will NOT send calls to node
1 if it is down.

Are we missing any configuration parameters here?

-- Pradeep

Pradeep Chetal
Sr. Director - Infrastructure Architecture

Mformation Technologies Inc.
Switchboard: +1 732 692 6200

Visit MFORMATION at MWC in Barcelona, Hall 1 Booth A56, Mobile World Congress
2009 and see how the MFORMATION SERVICE MANAGER can help you to transform your