RE: RAC - NOARCHIVELOG to ARCHIVELOG migration

  • From: "ramick" <ramick@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'Kevin Lidh'" <kevin.lidh@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 12:14:13 -0700

Interesting - how is only one of the physical nodes responsible for the I/O
to the archive log destination?

What platform?

The earlier point I was trying to make is - unless I'm missing something:

If you are using RMAN to manage archived redo files in a RAC environment
(like "delete input"), it wants all archived redo log files accessible from
the node which started the command (9205).  This means all the targets for
archived redo must be on shared storage - not local storage.

I missed this when I first set up RAC and started using RMAN (never used
RMAN with OPS).

  _____