Qustion on Select statement

  • From: "Storey, Robert \(DCSO\)" <RStorey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "oracle-l-freelists" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2010 14:37:29 -0600

I've written a query to produce a flat file through the use of the Spool
command.  Everything works perfectly except for one small detail.

By default, the output of a Select statement has a default colsep of a
blank.  So, my formatting is way off due to a single blank being
inserted between each of the returned values in my line.

Select rpad(value1,15), rpad(value2,12), rpad(value3,8)

From <table>

Where value1 > 100.

So, what I get is (using a $ for blanks and a * for the field padding).

Is there a way or a setting that would disable the separation between
values returned in a Select?

Thanks, Bob