Question regarding Network ACLs in 11g DB upgrade

  • From: "Jiang, Lu" <Lu.Jiang@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2009 10:46:08 -0500

Hi all,

I am upgrading OEM grid control database from 10.1.0.4 to 11.1.0.6. On
step running pre-upgrade info
tool , fixed all the warning messages from the output of utlu111i.sql
except the following

WARNING: --> Database contains schemas with objects dependent on network

packages.

.... Refer to the 11g Upgrade Guide for instructions to configure
Network ACLs.

.... USER SYSMAN has dependent objects.

Also got the output from the following query:

SQL> SELECT * FROM DBA_DEPENDENCIES

  WHERE referenced_name IN
('UTL_TCP','UTL_SMTP','UTL_MAIL','UTL_HTTP','UTL_I

NADDR')  AND owner NOT IN ('SYS','PUBLIC','ORDPLUGINS');

OWNER   NAME            TYPE              REFEREN REFERENCED
REFERENCED_TYPE   REFERENCED_LINK DEPE

------- --------------- ----------------- ------- ----------
----------------- --------------- ----

SYSMAN  COREID_INTG     PACKAGE BODY      PUBLIC  UTL_INADDR SYNONYM
HARD

SYSMAN  COREID_INTG     PACKAGE BODY      SYSMAN  UTL_INADDR
NON-EXISTENT                      HARD

According to the document we would need to install xml db for this, Is
there any document regarding install xml db for this purpose? What else
should I do to fix this warning? What specific privileges need to grant
after the upgrade?  I am new to 11g. Could anyone with 11g upgrade
experience advise me on this?

Thanks,

Lu