Question on Oracle Security Alert for CVE-2012-1675

  • From: Mayen.Shah@xxxxxxxxxx
  • To: "oracle Freelists" <Oracle-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 8 May 2012 14:03:12 -0400

Hello Everyone,
I am running into several issues with implementation of solution for this
security alerts.

1. There is no patch (or I could not find one) 12880299 for 10.2.0.3 on
Solaris
2. I have multiple databases and multiple listeners running on same
machine. We have dedicated listener for each database. After adding
"(ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = IPC)(KEY = REGISTER))" to one listener, I can not
add this to anymore listener.
3. One of the databases is using extproc so I have "(ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL =
IPC)(KEY = EXTPROC))" in the listener, again preventing me from adding
KEY=REGISTER.

I any one has encountered this and has solution/suggestion, I would like
to hear. I already have opened a SR with Oracle support and waiting for
reply, but often I get more reliable answers - quicker form the experts on
the list.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Mayen