Re: Question about Dual

  • From: ryan_gaffuri@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: Mark.Moynahan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2004 17:15:08 +0000

its an extra network round trip. so if you do it alot its alot of extra network
round trips. There are two known(pre-10g ways) to improve dual.
Make a copy of dual as an index organized table and make a synonym that points
to the new IOT. The biggest improvement seems to come from making a view on the
x$dual table and making a dual synonym point to that. I have seen that
published in several places, but have been hesitant to use it since its an
x$table(maybe I'm being too conservative)
I played with 10g just a little bit, but have not read much of the
documentation. It seems like there is a 'fast dual' that has no consistent
gets, which is the same as hitting the x$dual table which seems to be done by
default. Maybe someone else can provide more detauls.