RE: Query runs fine on InstanceA but slow on InstanceB...

  • From: "Allen, Brandon" <Brandon.Allen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "cary.millsap@xxxxxxxxxxxx" <cary.millsap@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, "dmann99@xxxxxxxxx" <dmann99@xxxxxxxxx>, "kellyn.potvin@xxxxxxxxx" <kellyn.potvin@xxxxxxxxx>, "oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2012 23:30:17 +0000

Great suggestions from Kellyn and Cary, but from the OP, it sounds like he's
already isolated the problem to a specific query, and already identified that
it's getting two different explain plans and what he's really trying to figure
out is why the two different plans are being chosen.

David, can you please confirm if my understanding is correct so we can focus
the discussion more?

Thanks,
Brandon