Re: Query in 10g

  • From: crcbedoy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: crcbedoy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2006 10:23:00 -0500

Con_nombre is a name, nombre means name in spanish:)

Isabel Bedoya Gómez
Gestión de Tecnología
Tel. 2307500 ext: 4077

             crcbedoy@protecci
             on.com.co
             Enviado por:                                             Para
             oracle-l-bounce@f         norman.dunbar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
             reelists.org              v.uk
                                                                        cc
                                       oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx,
             08/11/2006 10:15          oracle-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                                    Asunto
                                       Re: Query in 10g
                Por favor,
                responda a
             crcbedoy@protecci
                 on.com.co

The same error message

ACUM_PERIODO|CON_NOMBRE |DESC_UNIDAD
------------|------------------------------|-----------------------------------------------

2|RETEFUENTE METODO 2 |1.24 %
4|RETEFUENTE METODO 2 |1.24 %
2|APORTE FONDO DE SOL PENSIONAL |1 %
4|APORTE FONDO DE SOL PENSIONAL |1 %
2|APORTE OBLIGATORIO SALUD |4 %
4|APORTE OBLIGATORIO SALUD |4 %
2|APORTE OBLIGATORIO PENSION |3.875 %
4|APORTE OBLIGATORIO PENSION |3.875 %
2|SALARIO ORDINARIO |15 DIAS
4|SALARIO ORDINARIO |19 DIAS
ERROR:
ORA-01722: número no válido

10 rows selected.

Isabel Bedoya Gómez
Gestión de Tecnología
Tel. 2307500 ext: 4077
Inactive hide details for "Norman Dunbar"
<norman.dunbar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>"Norman Dunbar"
<norman.dunbar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

                         "Norman Dunbar"
                         <norman.dunbar@envi
                         ronment-agency.gov.
                         uk>
                         Enviado por:                                 Para
                         oracle-l-bounce@fre
                         elists.org                     <crcbedoy@protecci
                                                        on.com.co>

                         08/11/2006 09:58                               cc

                                                        <oracle-l@freelist
            Por favor, responda a                       s.org>
   norman.dunbar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                                    Asunto

                                                        Re: Query in 10g

Does this work by any chance ?

select ACUM_PERIODO,con_nombre, TO_CHAR(ACUM_UNIDADES) || ' ' ||
DESC_UNIDAD
desc_unidad, pec_saldo_valor, acum_valor_local from
VRH_PRO_ACU_COL_PAG
WHERE emp_codigo = '43103973' and ACUM_ANO = 2006 and acum_mes=9
/

I am converting NUMBER to CHAr for the concatenation (ACUM_UNIDADES)
and using a charcater string where you have a VARCHAR2 column
(EMP_CODIGO).

Additionally, is 'CON_NOMBRE' a number column that is defined as
VARCHAR2(30) or is it just my Spanish that's broken :o)

I've see lots of apps that didn't work quite as expected when
characters were used as numbers and vice versa. That might be what's
causing your problem(s) as I think Oracle tightened up on things as part
of the upgrade to 10g.

Cheers,
norman.

Norman Dunbar.
Contract Oracle DBA.
Rivers House, Leeds.

Internal : 7 28 2051
External : 0113 231 2051

Information in this message may be confidential and may be legally
privileged. If you have received this message by mistake, please notify the
sender immediately, delete it and do not copy it to anyone else.

We have checked this email and its attachments for viruses. But you should
still check any attachment before opening it.

We may have to make this message and any reply to it public if asked to
under the Freedom of Information Act, Data Protection Act or for
litigation.  Email messages and attachments sent to or from any Environment
Agency address may also be accessed by someone other than the sender or
recipient, for business purposes.

If we have sent you information and you wish to use it please read our
terms and conditions which you can get by calling us on 08708 506 506.
Find out more about the Environment Agency at www.environment-agency.gov.uk

GIF image

GIF image

GIF image