Re: [Q] how to avoid JDBC client connect to database?

  • From: "Giovanni Cuccu" <giovanni.cuccu@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mccdba1@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2006 15:30:35 +0200

If you stop the listener also you stop new jdbc connections, because
the typical JDBC connection string is something like :
        conn = DriverManager.getConnection(
            "jdbc:oracle:thin:@linux:1521:orcl","test","test");
if you close the listener port the driver could not establish a connection.
Connections already open (jdbc and oci and .net and ....) remain active.
Giovanni

On 4/12/06, dba1 mcc <mccdba1@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> We have ORACLE database 9iR2 run on UNIX servers.
> Sometime when we doing database maintenance, we don't
> want users connect to DB.
>
> for SQL/net connection I can STOP listener.  For JDBC
> client connection, how to avoid it?
>
> Thanks.

> http://mail.yahoo.com
> --