Re: Problems with huge shared_pool_size

  • From: Ethan Post <post.ethan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Mark.Bobak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2006 09:23:28 -0600

Based on information from Steve and other noted wait performance icons
I frequently warn customers about the dangers of an oversized shared
pool. Of course with each version of Oracle things change. Does anyone
have any type of test scripts that demonstrate the problems of an
oversized pool? If not I will pester Tom at Hotsos if I don't get an
answer here. His latching related scripts regarding hard parses made
the point quite clear on issues of scalability and not using bind
variables.