Problem with dbms_swrf_internal.unregister_database in 12.1.0.1

  • From: Charles Schultz <sacrophyte@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ORACLE-L <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 May 2014 08:31:06 -0500

Good morning, listers,

I am following the instructions found in "How To remove Workload Repository
information related to an old DBID from workload repository (Doc ID
1251795.1)"; I realize it specifically says it is for "Release 10.2 to 11.2",
but I am unable to find similar documents or instructions for 12c, so this
is all I have available to me. My database is vanilla OSEE 12.1.0.1 on
Solaris 10.

When I attempt to unregister a database from AWR by DBID, I get the
following error.

SQL > exec dbms_swrf_internal.unregister_database(2595040291);
BEGIN dbms_swrf_internal.unregister_database(2595040291); END;

*
ERROR at line 1:
ORA-13553: operation failed - missing parameter [SRCDBID]
ORA-06512: at "SYS.DBMS_SWRF_INTERNAL", line 193
ORA-06512: at line 1

However, this error does not jive with the description found in the package:
SQL> desc dbms_swrf_internal
PROCEDURE UNREGISTER_DATABASE
 Argument Name                  Type                    In/Out Default?
 DBID                           NUMBER                  IN
 SKIP_NOTEXIST                  BOOLEAN                 IN     DEFAULT

I have filed a case with Oracle but they are (VERY) slow to acknowledge it.

So here is my question - what is the proper syntax?

--
Charles Schultz