RE: Problem using Perl DBI-DBD against Oracle

  • From: "GBA-DBA" <gba.oraclel@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'Jared Still'" <jkstill@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2006 12:38:28 -0500

Answers inline.

Regards
GBA

  _____

De: Jared Still [mailto:jkstill@xxxxxxxxx]
Enviado el: Martes, 04 de Abril de 2006 12:29
Para: gba.oraclel@xxxxxxxxx
CC: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Asunto: Re: Problem using Perl DBI-DBD against Oracle

You don't mention the version of Oracle client that you have installed.
10.2.0

If it doesn't match the version the DBD::Oracle was compiled with, it
will not work.
Any way to verify this??

If you got the DBD::Oracle from ActiveState, there's a pretty good
chance it will not work.
Yes, I downloaded from ActiveState.

Try ftp://esoftmatic.com/outgoing/DBI for a DBD::Oracle compiled
against more recent versions of Oracle.
Again, how do you know which Oracle version was used?

Or maybe http://ftp.esoftmatic.com/DBI

Then join the DBI users group, as that is a better forum for DBD::Oracle
specific questions.

http://lists.perl.org/

Unfortunately, all the servers mentioned seem to be down at the moment.

Jared

On 4/4/06, GBA-DBA <gba.oraclel@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi, I'm trying to run this Perl script against a remote Oracle 10g R1
database. I'm using WinXP and i already have the oracle client software
installed and working.

My Perl version is 5.8.7
DBI version is: 1.50
DBD version is: 1.17

#!perl -w

use strict;

use DBI;

my $dbh = DBI->connect( 'dbi:Oracle:maxdev1', 'scott', 'tiger',

                        { RaiseError => 1, AutoCommit => 0 } );

print $dbh->selectrow_array(qq{ SELECT 'Hello World' FROM DUAL });

$dbh->disconnect(  );

This is the error message i get:

install_driver(Oracle) failed: Can't load
'C:/Perl/site/lib/auto/DBD/Oracle/Oracle.dll' for module DBD::Oracle:
load_file:The specified procedure could not be found at
C:/Perl/lib/DynaLoader.pm line 230.
 at (eval 3) line 3
Perhaps a required shared library or dll isn't installed where expected
 at C:\Perl\code\select_dual_short.plx line 9

Any clues about what can be wrong??

Regards
GBA

--