RE: Problem using Perl DBI-DBD against Oracle

  • From: "Ken Naim" <kennaim@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gba.oraclel@xxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2006 10:28:13 -0500

I have only compiled this on UNIX so I can only guess, but it seems you are
missing an oracle shared library. In my experience various client installs
are missing key libraries that Perl needs and are only found in server
installs. Basically I look for the missing shared libraries on the server
install (same version of course) and copy them down to the client. In the
past when one library was missing, usually others were missing as well so I
tend to copy the entire directory of the missing library down. Unfortunately
I can't remember the directories as I haven't compiled Perl dbd/dbi in over
a year, but it is two different lib directories and a sample directory if I
am not mistaken.

Ken Naim

  _____