Re: Physicall to Logical

  • From: Carel-Jan Engel <cjpengel.dbalert@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 16 May 2004 00:42:24 +0200

Sanjay,
Conversion between Standby types is non-existent. You have to drop the PSB,
and re-instantiate an LSB.
I don't know whether you are right or not, LSB is released with 9iR2, and
certainly isn't very stable.
I wouldn't rely on it for HA-purposes. For reporting, with restrictions in
mind about unsupported data- and objecttypes, the cost of additional
logging etcetera, it might help you.
Don't jump into solutions, but get your requirements for standby written
down properly first. Then determine whether a proposed solution will work.
And test!
You might consider (if space allows you) to have PSB as well as LSB. PSB
for HA, LSB for reporting.

Regards, Carel-Jan

===
===