Re: interview a manager

  • From: "Juan Cachito Reyes Pacheco" <jreyes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 15 May 2004 18:53:58 -0400

Hi Don
I agree with you I don't think he really need an expert in that area, most
cases you don't need but this is an additionla information you can get
that will be helpful to verify if you are not getting somethign you don't
want.
Analysis from the body language, way of dressing, etc. is not the core of
the interview is only
an additoinal information you can get.
When you have 500 persons to interview, and few time and infromation from
them,
 and you want ot find the most adequate to your needs, that analysis can do
the difference.

There are situations and there are situations.
You really don't need a dba to create msaccess database, but evn then can
help
I think is better don't understimate the expertise in one area, but the true
is that there are very very
few experts in that area.

Do you remember the silence of the lambs, well there is an statistics that
say there is one person like him per million.
I don't remember exacty where I got that informatoin, but a simple analysis
shows this don't seem an exxageration.
:)

>I like these - and many of the other responses.  I don't think you really
>need a professional interviewer to assess things like body language though.
>I wouldn't want to work for someone who got the job because they wore a
nice
>suit and shmoozed the interviewer well.  Hidden agenda, braggadocio,
>micromanagement potential, tendency to acquiesce to a [ better suit | more
>executive haircut | higher-level bureaucrat ] and such usually have a quite
>noticeable odor.

Juan Carlos Reyes Pacheco
OCP
Database 9.2 Standard Edition