Re: Patchset 9.2.0.7 for Sun Solaris and Red Hat Linux

  • From: Fuad Arshad <fuadar@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mgogala@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, ArnoldS@xxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2005 09:37:01 -0700 (PDT)

Last  i heard /asked  oracle support said july 31st.
dont know if  that still holds true

Mladen Gogala <mgogala@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Arnold, Sandra wrote:

> Does anyone know whether the patchset 9.2.0.7 has been released yet
> for Sun Solaris and Red Hat Linux? I noticed it was mentioned in the
> July Oracle Critical Patch update. However, when I went and tried to
> find it on Metalink I was unable to.
>

> Thanks,
>

> //Sandra Arnold///
> //Principal DBA///
>
> //NCI//// Information Systems//
>
> //Oak Ridge////, TN 37830//

Sandra, welcome to the planet Earth, 3rd rock from the Sun. I keep
nagging about that patchset which was delayed
because of 10.2 marketing release. The index.html part of the
documentation will tell you all about he quality of the release
and will certainly stimulate anybody to start using 10.2 in production
right away. Rather then signing a petition for OEM packages,
which was also signed by Scott Petersen (recently sentenced to death in
CA) I'd gladly signed a petition for having more
regular and predictable bug fixes. Patchset 9.2.0.6 was useless and
Oracle is dragging its feet to provide a patchset that
would make it useful. I wrote several messages about the @#$%! patchset
9.2.0.7. but obviosly nobody read them.

--
Mladen Gogala