Passing thought = a question? (related to standby databases)

  • From: "Taylor, Chris David" <ChrisDavid.Taylor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 May 2010 12:16:47 -0500

I cannot remember (and haven't researched this yet) but does Oracle have "ON
STARTUP" triggers?  It seems like I remember that from somewhere.

If so, does the database have to be OPEN before the trigger fires?  I was
thinking that if the database doesn't have to be open to fire an ON STARTUP
trigger I could use that mechanism to always make sure my standby databases are
in recovery mode if the server restarts.

Thoughts?

Chris