Parallel media recovery with RMAN

  • From: Alexandre Gorbatchev <agorbatchev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Oracle-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2004 14:43:36 +0100

Hi list,

Is it possible to perform parallel media recovery with RMAN?

without RMAN it's done using ALTER DATABASE RECOVER PARALLEL [number];

I saw in docs in one place that RMAN uses RECOVERY_PARALLELISM
initialization parameter to find out how to parallel media recovery.
However, I always thought that this parameter affects *only* instance
crash recovery. Moreover, Oracle documentation mentions this several times
as well.

So my Q. is again - how do I go for parallel media recovery with RMAN?

TIA,
Alex