Oracle streams

  • From: "Fedock, John \(KAM.RIC\)" <John.Fedock@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2007 11:26:36 -0400

Looking to see if people are successfully using streams to move data
between 2 databases.  This would be on 10g, HP-UX machines.

I have attempted a few test cases and have not been able to get the data
to move over.  I am still not grasping creating the capture, adding
table rules, creating apply process, instantiating the scn, etc.

Does anyone have a checklist on which task to do on what server (source
vs destination)?  I have been looking at metalink note 298877.1 and the
session 249 from collaborate 2007.

Thanks all,

John Fedock

"K" Line America, ISD Department