Oracle general purpose monitoring tool

  • From: "Goulet, Dick" <DGoulet@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Oracle DBA List (E-mail)" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2004 09:15:21 -0400

To ALL including and especially any sales droids on the list,

        I have a need to replace the server and software that we currently have
=
that allows duhvelopers to look and see what is going on in the =
database.  We're currently using Mamba (the free release) from Luminate. =
 Regrettably it does not appreciate Oracle 9i and the upgraded version =
comes with a pile of strings attached which damanagement does not =
appreciate or want.  Here are the requirements for the software:

        1) WEB based.  Preferably Apache and multi-platform support in =
particular Linux (Red Hat)
        2) Simple to interpret.  Remember we're talking about developers and =
some upper management types.
        3) READ ONLY.  No one should be able to manipulate any part of the =
database with this tool.
        4) Must display all locking activity, emphasis on finding blocking =
locks.
        5) Must be able to display the SQL statement (full) that the session is
=
executing and the explain plan(optional).

Anyone who knows of something that will handle this, please contact me =
offline.

Dick Goulet
Senior Oracle DBA
Oracle Certified 8i DBA