Re: Oracle advanced security

  • From: Oracle <oracle@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 24 May 2007 14:59:49 -0400

I uninstalled 10.2.0.3 and installed 10.2.0.1 from scratch. The option for Oracle Advanced Security is available now.

So, it seems that there is a problem with the 10.2.0.3 patcher that removes the option to enable advanced security if it wasn't in use at the time the patch was applied.

I am going to configure oas on 10.2.0.1, then patch to 10.2.0.3 and see if the option disappears.

Thanks to all who replied...

On May 23, 2007, at 8:15 PM, Oracle wrote:

I need to configure encrypted connections to a database and am needing to install the Advanced Security components. I ran netmgr and didn't see the encryption options there so I'm guessing I need to download an additional package but not sure what it is - or, do I already have it and need to run the installer again?