Oracle Weblogic Server Issue

  • From: Bill Zakrzewski <bill@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "<oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> L" <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2013 14:41:58 -0400

Environment:
3-tier architecture
apache on webtier
Oracle Weblogic 10.3.5 on apptier
Oracle 11.2.0.3.x on dbtier

App Tier has a clustered filesystem shared on 6 servers.  The servers are
clustered through Weblogic and each runs the same applications.  Every now and
then the application servers lockup - there is nothing written to the logs and
when I look at the weblogic console the server shows "Running" but the health
does not have the OK.  I attempt to shutdown the application server and the
process does not stop, I then attempt to kill the process and "kill -9" or any
other kill options does not remove this process. If I attempt to restart the
server it fails I think because the process that won't die is holding file
locks.

Has anyone come across anything similar?  Any workarounds to restart the
application servers?

Regards
Bill--