Oracle Taining Hardware for 5+ people

  • From: Sanjay Mishra <smishra_97@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2009 08:18:42 -0700 (PDT)

Hi

One of my friend is working on the hardware selection to setup Oracle Training
environment for 5-10 people. He is going to use Oracle VMWARE/OEL 5 for the
setup. Does anybody has such hardware configuration that can be used to setup
the environment which can handle 5-10 User. One of the main consideration is
Oracle 10/11g RAC which need Shared Storage and also the ASM as the are using
ASM for all Oracle environment. So Keeping RAC and ASM in mind. I appreciate if
somebody can share his experience like Network Card/HBA/Switches and Storage.
His budget is around 15-20K.

TIA
Sanjay