Re: Oracle Support's outage

  • From: Nuno Souto <dbvision@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2013 22:28:52 +1000

On 29/04/2013 10:09 PM, Mark W. Farnham wrote:

> the truth behind our marketing message of the early 1990s: 'We're not
> successful if you're not successful!'" (I've still got that t-shirt.)

and then, - PING! - we all woke up....

> This would require that Oracle remember the value of satisfied customers to
> marketing and sales and decouple the expenses of support from some fraction
> of the maintenance fee structure.

What, and de-capitalize the "let's become the CA of the new millenium"
acquisition program?
Database customers are the cash cows of lah-lah-land marketing on bleeding edge
technologies and shall never be considered anything else!
Perish the thought!

> I personally think it would be a strong strategic move. If they want my help
> they know where to find me.

Don't hold your breath...

--
Cheers