Re: Oracle Streams - Avoiding Delete statement.

  • From: Taral Desai <taral.desai@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: prabhu_adam@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2010 09:52:08 -0600

Well how to you define purge. If you say delete it's delete that will not
consider anything else.

So, there are ways to totally avoid delete. But in your case you might need
to create different table and move data to that table when purge occurs and
then delete those data on target db. But, if this is bi-directional
replication then you might have to try setting up manual replication for
that particular table. You can try using triggers and pass flag saying this
is purge activity and based on that might need to apply some kind of logic
to accomplish this.

This are just thought based on what i understand. But it depends on your
environment and requirements.

--
Thanks & Regards,
Taral Desai