Re: Oracle Streams - Avoiding Delete statement.

You can filter deletes at the Capture process (or prop, apply).
This filters deletes on a table called T1 in the PUBS schema.

Key is the inclusion rule and the and_condition.

begin
DBMS_STREAMS_ADM.ADD_TABLE_RULES(
   table_name      => 'pubs.t1',
   streams_type    => 'CAPTURE',
   streams_name    => 'PROD1$CAP',
   queue_name      => 'PROD1$CAPQ',
   include_dml     => true,
   include_ddl     => true,
   source_database => 'PROD1.REGRESS.RDBMS.DEV.US.ORACLE.COM',
   inclusion_rule  => false,
   and_condition   => ':lcr.GET_COMMAND_TYPE() = ''DELETE''');
end;
/