RE: Oracle RAC, CFS, and NetBackup Media Servers...

  • From: "Kevin Closson" <kevinc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2006 14:51:24 -0800

        2.      Has anyone used such a scenario where the storage
(forgive me if I offend some vendors out there) does not support a
SCSI-3 Persistence Reservation requirement?  (SCSI-3 PR is a requirement
for the CFS for split brain,etc)

SCSI-III RESERVATION a Veritas only fencing mechanism. I think
anyone not using storage testing in Veritas iLAB (therefore not SCSI-3
PR compat)
is very foolish. This requirement does limit the list of supported SAN
arrays

There are other CFSes out there that work with all SAN arrays.