Re: Oracle RAC 10.2.0.3 - IBM 5.3 - Cybernetics - Block Corruption

  • From: krish.hariharan@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: post.ethan@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2007 14:03:48 -0800 (PST)

Notwithstanding the possiblity of a hardware level problem the fractured
block entry sounds like a device is being used in multiple places.

The last time we encountered a problem like this was when we accidentally
got the voting devices mixed up in multiple nodes and it ended up mapping
to a data file in one of the other nodes (on Solaris).  More esoteric
possiblities may exist such as oracle bugs that are allowing dirty reads
and such but the fractured block sounds like a device or device blocks are
cross mapped for some odd reason.

More experienced folks may have a specific answer to guide you

Regards
-Krish