Re: Oracle Query

  • From: rjamya <rjamya@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: MA015b8234 <ma015b8234@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2005 09:47:18 -0500

John,

use translate function to see which rows have non-numeric data... and
then exclude those ...

something like

select blah
from (select blah
            from my_table
           where translate(date_as_char,'0123456789','*') = '********')
where to_date(date_as_char) ....
/

the translate will let you select only those rows that are purely
numeric, but it won't filter those that are purely numeric but not
valid dates ....
Raj

--
select standard_disclaimer from company_requirements where category =