Re: Oracle Process Problem

  • From: Peter McLarty <peter.mclarty@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oraclebala@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2007 21:28:38 +1000

Hi Bala

What patch level are you on, someone will be asking it sooner or later?
Have you tried analyzing your system with statspack, Do you have the
dbconsole installed and running, perhaps browsing some of the
performance graphs will give you some pointers as to where your cpu
consumption is going.

Check if your console is running by  typing on the command line emctl
status  dbconsole (apologies if you knew how).

For someone new or les experienced the console can be a good guide to
learning. YOu can just become a point and click guy and some thigs are
easier but, use to as a tool to learn how to do things at the command
line.

Cheers

Peter