Re: separate owner/ORACLE_HOME for crs, ASM, and database in RAC environment

  • From: "Rajeev Prabhakar" <rprabha01@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: litanli@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2007 06:13:48 -0500

Hello Li

Could you please try the following and see if it helps ?

1) make a copy of dbca file (saved version).

2) add -DDEBUG keyword to dbca script.

e.g.

$JRE_DIR/bin/java -Dsun.java2d.font.DisableAlgorithmicStyles=true -DDEBUG
-DORACLE_HOME=$OH -DDISPLAY=$DISPLAY -DJDBC_PROTOCOL=thin -mx128m -classpath
$CLASSPATH oracle.sysman.assistants.dbca.Dbca $ARGUMENTS

3) Once you run the modified dbca, the debug messages should get written to
a log file. Look at the log file and see if you find anything  worth
investigating.

In case you find "No endpoint found for the Listener", make sure that
listener name mentioned in listener.ora is the one registered with OCR.

4) Another thing which you could try OR verify is that oratab has entry for
node specific ASM instance. If it has correct entries, shutdown ASM instance

manually, then launch DBCA and let is start ASM instance on that node by
itself.

HTH
Rajeev