Re: Oracle Press - 10g Cert book corrections?

  • From: Steve Bradshaw <sjb1970@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "david.best@xxxxxxxxx" <david.best@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2008 20:23:18 +0000

127.0.0.1 is the loopback address, you'd have to be at the console of the server the EM is installed on. If you were at a different machine you'd need to use the network address inplace of the 127.0.0.1

Sent from my iPhone

On 21 Nov 2008, at 19:35, dave <david.best@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hey all,

 I am using the Oracle Press book Oracle Database 10g, OCP
Certification all-in-one exam guide to help me study for the exam.
I'm just wondering if there is a publish list of mistakes in the book,
especially the chapter review question/answers.

For example, one question:

You issed the URL http://127.0.0.1:5550/em and recevied an error.
What could be the problem?  (Choose three correct answers.)
A.  You have not started the Database Listener
B.  You have no started the dbconsole
C.  The dbconsole is running on a different port.
D. You are not logged onto the database server node.
E. You have not started the Grid Control agent.
F.  You have not started the database.

They say the answer is B, C, D...   I can see B, C but D?

tnx