Re: Oracle Datawarehouse Books

  • From: Dennis Williams <oracledba.williams@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mburgess_nz@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2005 08:12:44 -0500

Mark,
 My suggestion would be to first understand the fundamentals of data
warehousing, then the Oracle pieces will fall into place. If you start off
chasing Oracle ideas, I think you'll just become confused. The masters of
this area are Ralph Kimball (www.ralphkimball.com<http://www.ralphkimball.com>)
and Bill Inmon (www.billinmon.com <http://www.billinmon.com>). I had the
pleasure of attending a seminar by Tim Gorman recently and was very pleased.
He does a nice job of tying the basics of DW to specific Oracle features (
http://www.evdbt.com/). Maybe you can entice him to present his seminar on
the other side of the world (NZ).
 Dennis Williams