Oracle Database 12c: New Features for Administrators class experiences

  • From: "Rich Jesse" <rjoralist3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2014 12:32:38 -0500 (CDT)

Hey all,

Looking to next year, I (think) see 12c in my future.  So, after bypassing
11g classes, I thought I'd look into "Oracle Database 12c: New Features for
Administrators".

Based solely on the syllabus, where is says "You'll explore using Oracle
Enterprise Manager Cloud Control and other tools like Oracle Enterprise
Manager Database Express SQL Developer to manage, monitor and administer
your data center.", it seems the Oracle courses are now based on using the
management tools (e.g. EM12c) rather than learning how the pretty GUI does
it first.

Anyone that's taken this course care to comment?  Classroom training only,
please.  I've not had any luck with the Self-Study variety.

TIA!

Rich