RE: Oracle DB create script for Linux

  • From: "Michael Fontana" <mfontana@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Jun 2004 14:29:16 -0500

Yes, but then after you're done, wipe that verification instance off the
face of the earth.  In Oracle 9i, you will end up with a boatload of
unnecessary schemas and system objects supporting schemas for Oracle
products and features you will unlikely want and never use.  Worse
still, they cannot be removed!  One example of this is Oracle Wallet
Manager.

We like to run a generic database creation script, which precreates all
of our standard utility tablespaces (such as TOOLS and USERS and one
called "SMALL_DATA" which is as it's name implies.  We then create
administrative objects to configure and management the instance with
some homegrown monitoring tools that we know work on all platforms.

Good luck!

Michael Fontana
Sr. DBA
NTT/Verio