Oracle BG processes and SQL visibility in 10.2.0.2

  • From: Mladen Gogala <mgogala@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2006 15:22:49 -0400

I've had an overly active batch process (J0001) but I was unable to
see the SQL. The address in V$SESSION was empty. After that, I tried
with SMON. No luck, there, either. Essentially, in version 10.2.0.2 SQL
statements executed by the background processes are not visible:

SQL> select sql_address,sql_id,prev_sql_addr,prev_sql_id, program
  2  from v$session where sid in (69,70,75)
  3  /

SQL_ADDR SQL_ID        PREV_SQL PREV_SQL_ID   PROGRAM
-------- ------------- -------- ------------- --------------------
00                     00                     oracle@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                               (SMON)

00                     00                     oracle@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                               (CKPT)

00                     00                     oracle@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                               (PMON)

Is there a reason for this? Can this somehow be overcome? I tried by using
XKSUSE directly,
but to no avail:
  1* select   ksusesql,ksusepsq from x$ksuse where indx in (69,70,75)
SQL> /

KSUSESQL KSUSEPSQ
-------- --------
00       00
00       00
00       00

I would really like to know what J000* processes are executing. I wouldn't mind
learning
what SMON and PMON are doing, either. Is there a way to enable that? It looks
like a really
bad "feature".

--
Mladen Gogala