Oracle ARIES implementation

  • From: "Laimutis Nedzinskas" <Laimutis.Nedzinskas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 May 2006 13:51:26 -0000

I have a question about Oracle internal processing of commit.

Here is excerpt from Oracle wits evenst description:

log file sync

When a user session commits, the session's redo information needs to be
flushed to the redo logfile. The user session will post the LGWR to
write the log buffer to the redo log file. When the LGWR has finished
writing, it will post the user session.

I find it difficult to believe Oracle maintains redo sub-buffers for
every session, does it?
As far as I understand, LGWR will write the whole redo buffer up to the
commit SCN but not "the session's redo information" as the description
states.

Fyrirvari/Disclaimer
http://www.landsbanki.is/disclaimer