Re: Oracle 8.1.7.3 in EM 10 Grid Control

  • From: "Eric Jenkinson" <erichjenkinson@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: norman.dunbar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2007 07:40:46 -0500

I'm certain that Oracle 10g client will not allow any database previous
to 8174 to be connected to. So I suspect that is why 8173 cannot be
monitored using the 10 Grid as it will use a 10g client.

Now, I have no experience of 10G Grid (yet) so I don't actually know if
you need a 10g client, but if you can get away with a 9i client, that
will connect down to 8173 and I think 8.0 as well. I do know that it
doesn't talk down to 734 though :o)

Hopefully the above is of some help, but if not, apologies for wasting
your time.

The 10g Agent comes with all the necessary "client" utilities and libraries
in its own home, so I do not think you can use another client install to
over come not being able to connect to lower then 8.1.7.4.